Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Spark's Tale: Page 6

Spark looked up at Mother-Dog in shock. she had just told him and Flame that it was time for them to leave!

Flame spoke up, voicing the questions that were in Spark's mind "What do you mean Mother-Dog? I don't understand, why do we have to leave?"

Mother-Dog looked at them with her sad, brown eyes "Because you are to old to live with me my pups, I am sorry, but it is the law of dogs. I have taught you all you need to know about living in the wild. It is time for you to go out, and find your own territory, maybe even join a pack, and live with them, earning rank, and respect."

Spark listened as she continued "Or, you can live on your one, a lone dog, who fights just for a scrap of meat. You both have grown much, and I am proud of you both, but the time has come for you to leave home." Mother-dog stood, and began to walk out of the den "I expect you gone when I return. If you are still here, I will throw you out." and with that, she walked out of the den, and Spark knew, that he might never see her again.


No comments:

Post a Comment